Re: Problems with instrumentswitch

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Problems with instrumentswitch
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 19:20:50 +0100

Joshua Armenta Thursday, October 28, 2010 5:07 PM

I've read through the manual and can't find anything about this issue. In a
 score, I'm using \addinstrumentDefinition and \instrumentSwitch.

There's an example of this in the Notation Reference for 2.13.37. See
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/notation/opera-and-stage-musicals#character-names

The problem is every time I invoke \instrumentSwitch it prints the cue twice
over the staff.

Did you perhaps add a further Instrument_switch_engraver to the Staff context?
That engraver is already included by default.

Trevor