Re: Tuxguitar exported code

From: Patrick Schmidt
Subject: Re: Tuxguitar exported code
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 17:10:22 +0200

Am 21.10.2010 um 14:31 schrieb Alan E. Davis:

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 1:01 PM, Graham Percival <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 12:44:12PM +1000, Alan E. Davis wrote:
After spending a little time trying to understand lilypond, I
>    have come to the conclusion that there is something quite particular about
>    tuxguitar's output.

If you post some of that output, somebody here might comment on
the particularit(ies).

Attached to this email is an example of a lilypond file exported from TuxGuitar.

I would very much appreciate any further advice, at all.
1) Use the command line, cd to the folder where your file is and run

convert-ly -e Sample-tuxguitar.ly

to update the syntax. 2.10.5 is very old. (e.g. "printallheaders" was substituted in the meantime by "print-all-headers")

2) add

\context {
    \Voice
    \remove "New_fingering_engraver"
  }

to the \layout {} block of your file. This will reduce the distance between the fret diagrams and the staff group as it removes the transparent string number indications.

3) the easiest way to add chord names to this file is probably to use \chords in the score-block e.g.:

\score {
  <<
   \chords { a1:7.5+ d1:m g1:7 }
   \TrackAStaffGroup