Re: LilyPond crash (was: font size for numbers on easyHeadOn with number

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: LilyPond crash (was: font size for numbers on easyHeadOn with number)
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 07:25:19 -0600

On 10/8/10 6:46 AM, "MING TSANG" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I further do some testing and discover that the culprit that give me the item
> #1 problem on the below email is:
>
>       R1^\markup{Andante Graccoso} | R1 | R1 | a'1\rest \fermata |
> %bar 01-04
>
> I change the previous line as:
>
>       r1^\markup{Andante Graccoso} | r1 | r1 | a'1\rest \fermata |
> %bar 01-04
>
> And the problem disappear.

Good for you for doing this testing.  Now you have found something that
needs to be there to cause the crash.

However, it takes more than this code, as the following works just fine:

\relative c'' {
  R1^\markup{Andante Graccoso} |
  R1 |
  R1 |
  a1\rest \fermata |
}

Your next task should be to simplify your score as much as possible to
identify what else needs to be there to cause the crash.

> Question:  Is there any change from v2.13.33 to v 2.13.34 that change the way
> R should be used?  I was using R1 code on v2.12.3 and v2.13.33 and they are
> running fine. The problem starts When I change to v2.13.34, then to v.2.13.35.

I can't see any changes involving multi-measure rests that came after
2.13.33.

There's something else going on; I'm not sure what it is.

Thanks,

Carl