Re: set-global-staff-size increments

From: Dmytro O. Redchuk
Subject: Re: set-global-staff-size increments
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 09:23:04 +0300

On Wed 06 Oct 2010, 17:29 Christopher Meredith wrote:
> I noticed that the values for set-global-staff-size are usually given
> in non-whole increments. If I were to use one in between these
> suggested increments, will it cause scaling irregularities? In other
> words, if 14.14 is too small and 15.87 is too large, can I use
> something like 15, or do I have to worry about imprecise proportions?
Default is 20, afaik?

NR 4.2.1 (for 2.13), "Setting the staff size" also mentions 14 and 15 -- so
why to worry?-)

--
  Dmytro O. Redchuk
  Bug Squad

  Be careful! These are some commonly used abbreviations:
   • LM -- Learning Manual
   • NR -- Notation Reference
   • IR -- Internal Reference

  Look at LilyPond’s documentation to find more.