Re: Problems with segnos and codas

From: Tim Rowe
Subject: Re: Problems with segnos and codas
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 16:55:08 +0100

On 6 October 2010 16:08, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

> An \unfoldRepeats in a Midi block should unfold repeats.  Including Coda
> and stuff.  If it doesn't, that's wrong.  If it is inconceivable that it
> does, it's a design error.

I agree, and suspect it's a fundamental problem with the way Lilypond
stores coda and segno information. But I don't see it as a *critical*
design error. It's an annoyance when proof-listening, but I'm still
managing to get good-looking scores, and Lilypond is still my tool of
choice for doing it. So I think that this should be on the list of
things to fix, but given how far-reaching a fix would probably have to
be, and given the fact that we're coping without a fix, I can see why
it doesn't make it onto the priority list.

--
Tim Rowe