Re: EmacsPointAndClick: inconsistency for \box-type markup?

From: Tim McNamara
Subject: Re: EmacsPointAndClick: inconsistency for \box-type markup?
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 09:54:36 -0500

On Oct 2, 2010, at 8:57 AM, Stefan Vollmar wrote:

Dear all,

I am new to this list and have just started using Lilypond.

I am deeply impressed with the quality of the output and the wealth of documentation - thank you!

I am a physicist by profession with a background in software development, TeX and Emacs (but was rather close to studying music instead) - so I got instantly hooked to the way Lilypond works, too.

So far, I was able to customize my Emacs (Aquamacs on the Mac) environment to my taste: I can now input MIDI directly in Aquamacs and use EmacsPointAndClick, both based on previous work by others (midi-input by Hans Lub and http://bl0rg.net/~manuel/midi-merge.c; EmacsPointAndClick from Nicolas Sceaux's lyqi project).

With Lilypond Version 2.12.3-1, I observed that point-and-click works beautifully for all notes and dynamics marks. However, looking at the PDF file generated by Lilypond I found that a usual URI reference looks like this:

/URI(textedit:///some/path/some-file.ly:24:16:16)

whereas the corresponding entries for this kind of mark:

\mark \markup{ \box A }

yield:

/URI(textedit:///some/path/:0:0:0)>>

which causes Emacs (Aquamacs) to just open that directory. I assume this might be a bug in the URIs generated for \box-type markup?

Hi, Stefan-

Unfortunately none of those links work.