Doc suggestion for Right Hand Fingering

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Doc suggestion for Right Hand Fingering
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 16:14:01 +0100

I have a suggestion to make doc even more straightforward.

In NR 2.4.1 (section Right-hand fingerings)

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/notation/common-notation-for-fretted-strings#index-right-hand-fingerings-for-fretted-instruments

it's said:

Note: There must be a hyphen after the note and a space before the closing >.

Let's say I also have a left-hand fingering, for example:

<c-3 c'-1>4

According to the sentence I may think this is correct:

<c-3\rightHandFinger #1 c'-1\rightHandFinger #4 >4

That's why I think that sentence may be slightly misleading.

It took me some minutes to understand that the hyphen should be repeated:

<c-3-\rightHandFinger #1 c'-1-\rightHandFinger #4 >4

Well, now I see there is an example below in the "Selected snippets" section.

But I did not notice it at first.

Anyway, what about rephrasing the sentence this way?

Note: There must be a hyphen before \rightHandFingering and a space before the closing >.

HTH,

Federico