Re: RE; Re nesting curves getting closer

From: Jay Hamilton
Subject: Re: RE; Re nesting curves getting closer
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 06:32:07 -0800

This is what I was looking for.  So could a snippet be created from this simple(r) example with that instruction?  The current example of nested slurs with the schenker example is way too complex for my (and maybe others?) poor brain.
Thanks to everyone for your help.
Jay
On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 5:50 AM, Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:

On 1/23/10 6:39 AM, "address@hidden" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Gilles asked for an attachment I don't exactly know what to attach so
> I've attached the latest pdf output.

What was wanted was the exact working code to get bad output, which you've
included in the body of the email.  Perfect!

> This is close but nothing I've tried gets the 1st set of 8ths to be \slurDown
>
> \version "2.12.2"
> \header {
>    title = "Nested Curves"
>                 }
> melody = \relative c'
> {
> \clef bass
> \key c \major
>   e8
>   \(
> (\slurDown f-2 e f) fis-3 (f-2 fis f)\)
>
> }
>
> \score {
> \new Staff \melody
> \layout { }
> \midi { \tempo 4=60 }
> }

\slurUp and \slurDown need to come *before* the note that starts the slur,
not after the note that starts the slur.

sorensen2:lilypond-working Carl$ cat slur_test.ly
\version "2.12.2"
\header {
  title = "Nested Curves"
               }