Re: Midi2ly work for Windows?

From: -Eluze
Subject: Re: Midi2ly work for Windows?
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 04:16:44 -0800 (PST)

Austin-36 wrote:

> Am I just not entering it right or does it not work for Windows? I open
> the dos
> prompt and type "...\midi2ly pi-type1.mid" and get the error:
> "'midi2ly' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
> program or batch file."
> Even when I just try running the program without a midi after it Windows
> doesn't
> know what it is.

there are 2 things to specify:

- the path in which the system has to look for midi2ly.py, typically
c:\Program Files\LilyPond\usr\bin\
you can check this with "set path" in the command shell.

- a program that is supposed to run programs with a specific extension -
here it is ".py"; check this with "set pathext" as above
if .py is not included in this variable, you can add it in the "standard
program definitions" (or similar)

[note that the command "set path" will display both these variables]