Re: Parsing lilypond into python

From: Wilbert Berendsen
Subject: Re: Parsing lilypond into python
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 18:36:18 +0100

Op woensdag 11 februari 2009, schreef Akira Bergman:
> I am interested in using Lilypond files with Python and Csound. How can I
> parse Lilypond files into Python? Is there a way of interfacing the
> internal parsing mechanism (Scheme?) of Lilypond to Python?

I wrote a basic parser in Python that's used by Frescobaldi. The code is GPL
and is here:
http://code.google.com/p/lilykde/source/browse/trunk/frescobaldi/python/ly/tokenize.py

It's part of the 'ly' module (package) that ships with Frescobaldi, but that
package contains only LilyPond-related code (not KDE) and could easily be
extended and/or used by other programs.

best regards,
Wilbert Berendsen

--