Re: Cross Staff Argeggio Question (v2.6.5)

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: Re: Cross Staff Argeggio Question (v2.6.5)
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 13:38:51 -0700

On 2/1/09 1:06 PM, "Ed Ardzinski" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thanks Mats!
>
> arpeggioUp = \override PianoStaff.Arpeggio  #'arpeggio-direction = #UP
>
> Did the trick.
>
> As for what I'm missinng...it's hard to know since I'm still using an
> "ancient" version.  So far I've still yet to exhaust the potential of 2.6.5.
> And frankly, I'm a little apprehensive tying to make a jump of about 6
> versions - I'm guessing it will take a bit of effort.

It's actually only 3 versions.  2.6, 2.8, 2.10, 2.12.  The odd-numbered
versions are all development versions.

I think you ought to at least take a shot at it; I think you'll find that
2.12 is way ahead of 2.6.  One way that it's vastly improved is the
documentation.  And much of the excellent docs for 2.12 won't apply to 2.6,
because of differences in the syntax.

It's going to be harder and harder as time goes on to get help for 2.6,
because there will be fewer and fewer people who have any experience with
it.

Regards,

Carl