Re: Measure markup

From: Dmytro O. Redchuk
Subject: Re: Measure markup
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 09:45:36 +0200

2008/10/31 Cordilow <address@hidden>:
> draw the characters correctly, even here. However, I don't know how to make
> the vertical position equal if I go the \mark \markup{\draw-line … }} route,
> rather than doing it relative to the note. Is there a way to do this?
You possibly can align marks with different properties, see:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond/Writing-text#Text-marks
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond-internals/RehearsalMark#RehearsalMark

But if Mats' suggestion to use brackets fits your needs, you'd better
use brackets
(from any point of view, i'd say). Marks, obviously, are not brackets,
while you need
some kind of brackets :-)

Sorry for the noise :)

--