Re: Hairpin length at repeat bar lines

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Hairpin length at repeat bar lines
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 12:11:26 -0400

Hi Thies,

@Kieren: Yes, it helps... and no, it doesn't help...
Using the proposed override the hairpin is shortened, but only in case there is no line break occuring at the repeat bar line. Unfortunately in the piece I'm currently transcribing there is such a situation. It only becomes visible in the staff groups in the full score, not in the single parts, so it's okay, I can live with it.

If you're facing death, you can always use the (hated) "hidden voice" workaround:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%

\version "2.11.59"

\score
{
        \new Staff
        {
                \relative c ''
                {
                        c1\< \break \bar ":|:"
                        \repeat volta 2 {c1 \!}

\score
{
        \new Staff
        {
                \relative c ''
                {
                        << c1 \new Voice { s2..\< s8\! } >> \break \bar ":|:"
                        \repeat volta 2 {c1 \!}

I'm really not sure why this solves the problem of the Hairpin length *without* a length or padding tweak — maybe Mats or another developer can enlighten us?

HTH!
Kieren.