Tuplet groupings / TupletBracket Padding

From: Erik Hagström
Subject: Tuplet groupings / TupletBracket Padding
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 10:22:32 +0000 (UTC)

Hi, I'm a new user of lilypond and I'm currently learning to write parts for
drums with this great program. I've run into a minor issue with some tuplet
number markings. In the example there's a triplet over 2 beats with each of the
triplets being another tuplet. Lilypond handles this beautifully, and I
managed to raise the tuplet bracket for the overlaying triplet with the
"\override TupletBracket #'padding" command. This makes the underlying tuplet
numbers
easier to see, but somehow lilypond chooses to raise the first sub tuplet number
too.
I've tried putting "\revert TupletBracket #'padding" at various places but it
doesn't seem to work. I feel like there's probably some solution to this though
- hope you can help out!

Example file at:

http://www.erikhagstrom.net/files/snippet.ly

/Erik Hagström