Re: piano introduction marks

From: Cordilow
Subject: Re: piano introduction marks
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 20:41:50 -0700 (PDT)

This post is in response to an old post questioning about how to do
hymn-style piano introduction brackets.

Cordilow wrote:
>Nevermind, actually!
>
>I think I found what I was looking for: ┌  (U+250C) and  ┐(U+2510).
>
>The tops are a little shorter than the bottoms, though, but I think that's
font-dependent, anyway.

Nevermind that nevermind. I've found better characters. For some reason I
found them without much effort after switching to Linux:
⌜ U+231C

⌝ U+231D

They are a little small, though, but there are text markup commands to make
them bigger—although they are a little thick when they're bigger, but that's
not too bad of a drawback (I don't know that there's a rule saying how thick
they should be). Anyone know how to make them thin? I've tried them in
various fonts, but the results look about the same for all.