Re: truly elegant compound time signatures

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: Re: truly elegant compound time signatures
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 09:01:38 -0600

On 10/20/08 4:33 PM, "Joseph Wakeling" <address@hidden> wrote:

> No nastiness felt from this end, your response was not entirely
> unexpected -- after all, as you say, you've put in a lot of effort to
> generate this tool as it is.  I'm very grateful for that, and a friendly
> prod to put my ideas into practice myself is, as you say, good for me.
>
> I do like to run my ideas past the list (I'm a novice member of the
> LilyPond community, after all, and it's good to have comments), but if
> the response is, 'Good idea, why don't you do it?' then that's a
> pleasure, not a problem.

One of the great things about participating in LilyPond is the genuine
interest in having lots of contributors.  Anybody can propose contributions,
and they'll likely get implemented in some form.  Particularly in the
documentation, if you find something that needs improving, run it by the
list (you may want to run it by lilypond-devel), and you'll likely get the
response of "Go ahead -- we'd love to have it".

Carl