Stemming and lyrics on combined parts

From: Carl Peterson
Subject: Stemming and lyrics on combined parts
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 13:53:17 -0400

I'm trying to take advantage of automatic part combining to make it easier to set the songs for a hymnal. There are a couple of technical things I need assistance on.

1) Whenever two parts on the same staff are on the same note, the part combiner only prints one stem. Is there any way to get the part combiner to output two stems for a due notes?

2) Is there a way to bind the lyrics to the original (uncombined) parts without outputting the parts themselves?

Thanks,
Carl Peterson