Re: Notating recitative

From: Eyolf Østrem
Subject: Re: Notating recitative
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 15:54:54 +0200

On 10.10.2008 (16:32), Ari Torhamo wrote:
> I don't know how to get the two vertical lines before and after the
> note/chord that defines the pitches on the recitative section. Is there
> some command/marking I can attach to a note in the chord so that all
> lines would be automatically drawn from the lowest note to the highest.
> Or do I need to draw four vertical lines (bar lines perhaps?) and define
> their length and horizontal position on the staff?

If you have to get it EXACTLY as in the pictures, I guess some kind of
line-drawing/markup command is what you're facing (and I don't know how to
draw them). However, the customary thing in this kind of notation is to use
breve notes  (the modern kind, which has single vertical lines, close to
what you have in your example).

Eyolf

--
Some say I have no conscience. How false they are, even to themselves.
I am the only conscience which has ever existed. As wine retains the perfume

  -- The Stolen Journals