Elision mark glyph (was: unusual Alto Clef)

From: Eyolf Østrem
Subject: Elision mark glyph (was: unusual Alto Clef)
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 19:37:27 +0200

On 09.10.2008 (16:51), Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> Well, of course, but the idea is not to `trace' such a glyph but to
> generate it, using mathematical rules, in particular to make it
> optically fit to different sizes, similar to the other feta glyphs.

While we're on this subject: there's another quite important (at least in
my line of work) glyph missing, and that's a better mark for lyric
elisions. At present, it's a slur SPANNING the last letter of one word and
the first of the next, but ideally it should be a small semi-circle JOINING
the words.

As glyphs go, this is probably the easiest there is, since there should be
no decorations or serifs or anything, just the lower half of a circle. I
can write THAT in metafont, but I have no idea how to incorporate it in the
macro system that the feta font apparently needs to comply with.

I discussed this with Han-Wen, and he referred me to you, for pointers on
how to use the macros. How about it...?

Eyolf

--
All men make mistakes, but married men find out about them sooner.