Re: Piano staff, single staff polyphony and lyrics

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Piano staff, single staff polyphony and lyrics
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 22:58:11 +0200

Note that the requested feature rather was to have a property setting
that lets you specify explicitly if you want the slur close to the note head or close to the end of the stem, as we used to have in old LilyPond versions, where you could do something like
\override Slur #'attachment = #'(stem . stem)
see http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.0/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond-internals/Slur.html#Slur
for the full documentation.

The reply Han-Wen gave at that time, when the same feature request appeared, was that the new algorithm was intended to automatically do "the right thing" much more often than it used to do earlier and therefore the feature wasn't added immediately in the new implementation. I think we now have reason to reintroduce the feature.

  /Mats

Werner LEMBERG wrote:
To make sure that I don't misunderstand, does "#'(2 . 2.5)" mean
that the hight of the start and end points of the slur should be
set manually (in some units) for every slur?
Afraid so.

Han-Wen?  Any chance to improve the slur algorithm to fix this?

    Werner

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        School of Electrical Engineering