Re: Headword for unfretted-strings

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: Headword for unfretted-strings
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 16:40:24 -0500

Certainly this is fine with me. David's piece looks really cool and could serve as an example for much more than just bowed-string techniques. It'll be better to use his example. Best,

Jonathan

Trevor Daniels wrote:
Jonathan

There is no need to do any more of the Beethoven quartet. The two bars you have done already would be quite sufficient and would have been ideal, but as you say, David's offering does display rather more of Lily's capabilities. Can we put this on ice while we check out David's offer? I'm very grateful for all your help on this.

David

Many thanks for your offering. It is customary for the displayed extract to show just the music in the LilyPond documentation, with the title and acknowledgement placed in LilyPond comments - which can be seen by clicking on the music of course. Also we would probably not need the entire extract you sent, maybe just the first section, up to rehearsal mark 2. Would you be happy with that? If so, please send me the Lily code, with comments giving the title, your name, date of composition, and a statement saying you are happy to place the extract in the public domain.

Trevor

--
Jonathan Kulp
http://www.jonathankulp.com