\mark, chords and notes collide

From: Sebastian Menge
Subject: \mark, chords and notes collide
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 15:39:18 +0200

Hi

In the following example the \mark collides with chords and notes.

<<
  \chords { c1 c }
  \new PianoStaff <<
    \new Staff = "upper" {
      \relative c'' {
        c16 \mark \markup \bold "Test" g a b r2.
        \mark \markup \bold "LongTest" c16 g a b r2.
      }
      \addlyrics { la la la la la la la la }
    }
    \new Staff = "lower" {
      \relative c'' {
        c4 r2.
        c4 r2.

I'd like to have the first note, the chord and the \mark left-aligned
with \mark in the middle and vertical space between them reasonable.

How can I get that?

BTW: Does anyone know the latex-package "layouts" (as introduced in the
latex companion)? It renders the layout of a page with all properties
(margins etc) displayed by lines and text. Something similar would be
awful for lilypond. I always feel like groping in the dark with all
those properties and spacing etc.

Thanks, Sebastian.