Re: irregular glissando

From: Mark Knoop
Subject: Re: irregular glissando
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 10:16:02 +0000

On Wed, 2008-03-12 at 17:01 +0000, robcanning wrote:
> yup - some great stuff there of course - would be nice to see it all
> strung together in a real life situation - maybe some one has made
> complex scores ala ferneyhough using lilypond? just as an inspiration /
> show off ... - would be a better "selling" point than pages of snippets
> - show lily at her sexiest :) maybe no one is working like this with
> lilypond - i hope to one day soon but have a way to go before making
> anything as complex as the likes of ferneyhough

Actually, I do sometimes typeset some Ferneyhough excerpts - occasional
bars  - as part of the process of learning his music. They would require
quite a lot of work and tweaking to get to a publication standard: for
my purposes I just do some basic hacks!

Attached FYI is the source for some excerpts from the second movement of
Opus Contra Naturam...

--
Mark Knoop