Problem with tuplets ... please hep

From: eagle136
Subject: Problem with tuplets ... please hep
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 08:22:59 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
I am a noob to Lilypond and am very impressed until I tried using tuplets
and am getting an error each time.

The following line within the definition of a melody line context works,
i.e. Lilypond parses it and generates .PDF and .PS files as expected:

\times 2/3 g4 { g g g } r2

However, I do not want g naturals I need g#s (yes within C Major ......), so
I type the following:

\times 2/3 g4 { gis gis gis } r2

Lilypond reports the following error:
---------- Capture Output ----------
> "U:\LilyPond\usr\bin\lilypond.exe" wart.ly
Processing `wart.ly'
Parsing...
wart.ly:61:23: error: syntax error, unexpected STRING
        g4 \times 2/3 {
                       gis g g} r4 |

wart.ly:93:8: error: errors found, ignoring music expression

        <<

error: failed files: "wart.ly"

> Terminated with exit code 1.

Any ideas what the problem is ....?

NB. The second error given above does not appear if I remove the accidental
from the tuplet definition so there is probbaly not a problem on that line

Thanks

Simon