Re: GDP: info about controlling direciton / placement

From: Nicholas WASTELL
Subject: Re: GDP: info about controlling direciton / placement
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 09:09:38 +0100

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 15:02:25 -0800
Graham Percival <address@hidden> wrote:

> 2)  Add one sentence with a link to a central place which
> discusses directions.

This gets my vote.

A much reduced risk of the reader skimming through a couple of paragraphs and
missing some point about the primary subject.  [opinion] Just a better approach
all round, in fact. [/opinion]

> There's an example of this in NR 1.2.1.4 Ties  at the moment.

In the explanatory section linked from your example, you (I guess it's you)
say, 'Maybe rename section to "directions".'  I think 'Directions' is far too
uninformative.  'Controlling direction' as a minimum, or perhaps something
along the lines of 'Controlling position' or 'Controlling object placement'.
(The word 'object' needs a better alternative, though.)

Nick
--
Nicholas WASTELL
France