Re: Part 2 of 2 -- Re: GDP: NR 1.1 Pitches 2008-01-26 [OT]

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Part 2 of 2 -- Re: GDP: NR 1.1 Pitches 2008-01-26 [OT]
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 11:42:48 -0800

On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 14:34:43 -0500 (EST)
Ralph Little <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Accidentals are only printed on tied notes which
> > begin a new system:
>
> Each to his/her own I guess.
>
> In this case "that" is correct and "which" is incorrect.
> To me, "which" sounds strange in this context.
> It implies to me that tied notes begin a new system
> *which* is, of course, untrue. :)

I think that's a different meaning of "which".  Hmm... if we had a
comma before the "which", I'd buy into your reading.

I think we're getting into silly territory here. (or rather, I
think we wandered into silly territory about 8 emails ago :)

> What people think of as strange or normal depends on their
> common usage in spoken language I find.
>
> That's why you still see people writing
> "there" instead of "they're" and
> "where" instead of "we're".
>
> Don't even get me started on "its" :D

No, those are clearly just idiots.  Nobody whose [sic] intelligent
can possibly disagree over those things.  :)

Cheers,
- Graham