Lyrics in stretched systems, 2.11 (was:Better vertical ... )

From: Monk Panteleimon
Subject: Lyrics in stretched systems, 2.11 (was:Better vertical ... )
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 13:50:55 -0400

Okay. Thanks to Joe Neeman and the manual, I can now fix the problem for
my own purposes by doing

\context ChoirStaff \with { \override VerticalAxisGroup
#'keep-fixed-while-stretching = ##t }

That seems to get the spacing back to normal. It doesn't cause any
collisions (that I've seen). It even works after introducing a new
Lyrics context right below the first. All is nicely spaced.

For what it's worth, I think that this keep-fixed behavior should be true
by default for the ChoirStaff context, if that's possible. It's good
all-around, even if you plan to have multiple lyric lines for all or part of
the piece. If it's not default, I think everyone who uses ChoirStaff
will just tweak it this way.

But it just case y'all don't think so, how could I do this in my layout
block (which I have in a separate file) so that I don't have to edit all my
files for use with future versions?

--
Monk Panteleimon
Hermitage of the Holy Cross