Re: GDP: links to other doc sections

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: GDP: links to other doc sections
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 15:42:05 +0200

2007/10/18, Graham Percival <address@hidden>:

> The recommended texinfo solution is to always use @ref{} at the end of a
> sentence; for more information, see @ref{foo}.  This sometimes leads to
> awkward phrasing.
>
> If we group all the references to other sections in the @seealso
> section, then there's no problems about twisting the English explanation
> to fit the way texinfo displays stuff.

No matter what your final decision will be, the current Documentation
isn't always coherent: sometimes the sentences are written without any
link, sometimes they're overcrowded with links...

I agree with Mats, the full hypertext solution is by far the most
convenient and easy to use. It does indeed make writing the source a
PITA, but I really think we should keep the integrated links in the
text _plus_ the @seealso list which gathers every related articles at
the bottom of the page.

Wouldn't it be possible to use hypertext PDF internal anchors and
linking in the PDF version?

Regards,
Valentin