RE: multiple tempi in a single piece

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: RE: multiple tempi in a single piece
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 00:37:17 +0100

Hi Kieran

The following shows how I change the Midi tempi - you can
easily adapt this example to do what you want:

TempiA= {
 \override Score.MetronomeMark #'padding = #3.0
 %Page 1 System 1 Bar 1
 \tempo 2=80 s1 | s | s | s | s | s | s |
 %Page 1 System 2 Bar 8
 % the following tempo changes implement the fermata in bar
9
 \override Score.MetronomeMark #'transparent = ##t % hide
the marks
 s1 | \tempo 2=50 s | \tempo 2=80 s | s1 | s | s | s | s | s

 %Page 1 System 3 Bar 17
 % the following tempo changes implement the fermata in bar
18
 s1 | \tempo 2=50 s | \tempo 2=80 s | s | s | s | s | s |
}

I simply insert this in parallel with the music.

Trevor