Re: Help with repeats for midi

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Help with repeats for midi
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 17:31:36 +0200

Based on your latest email to the mailing list, it seems that the problem here is that you are using some kind of WIKI with embedded LilyPond support to process your code, instead of using LilyPond directly.

Since I have no idea about how this specific web server works, I am
just speculating here, but I guess that the server adds some code
around the code you enter, which explains why the previously proposed
code with two separate \score{...} blocks doesn't work.

The easiest way to expand the repeats in your code is to add a \unfoldRepeats {
around all your current code. This should work correctly for the MIDI output, but unfortunately it will also expand the repeats for the printed version. If that's not useful for you, I propose to download and install LilyPond on your own computer or figure out
who implemented that specific WIKI server and contact them for
more support on how to use the previously proposed solution with identifiers and several \score blocks.

  /Mats

Quoting John Pezouvanis <address@hidden>:

<lilymidi>
\set Staff.midiInstrument = "bright acoustic"
\clef treble
\tempo 8=102
\key  d \major
\time 9/8
\relative c''
\repeat volta 2 {d16. cis32 d16 e fis d32 d e16 cis d8. a16 b b32 a aes16
a d8}
\repeat volta 2 {d,16 fis g gis a b32 b a16 g fis g32 g e16 fis d16. cis32
c16
cis d8 d16. cis32 d16 e fis g32 a g fis e16 d16. cis32 c16 cis d8 d d}
d'16. cis32 d16 e fis d32 d e16 cis d8. a16 b b32 a aes16 a d8 d16. cis32
d16
e fis d32 d e16 cis d8. a16 b b32 a aes16 a d8
d,16 fis g gis a b32 b a16 g fis g32 g e16 fis d16. cis32 c16 cis d8 d16.
cis32 d16 e fis g32 a g fis e16 d16. cis32 c16 cis d8 d d
d16 fis g gis a b32 b a16 g fis g32 g e16 fis d16. cis32 c16 cis d8 d16.
cis32
d16 e fis g32 a g fis e16 d16. cis32 c16 cis d8 d d
</lilymidi>

Thanks for answering. I've already read the documentation and tried everything and still can't get no results. If someone more expirienced can tell me what I
need to insert in the code I would be very grateful..