Re: ConTeXt table of contents tweak

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: ConTeXt table of contents tweak
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 20:08:17 +0200

Adam Good <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi everyone,
>
> This may be a bit off-topic but I figure others here may be using
> ConTeXt to make books out of Lilypond files. I signed up for the
> ConTeXt mailing list a couple days ago but still need to get
> approved, impatient as always me.
>
> I believe I asked the same question about LaTeX a couple of months
> ago but I can't seem to replicate it in ConTeXt .
>
> I want to add something like a section of chapter to the Table of
> Contents in my file without having it print in the pdf on that page.
> If that sounds cryptic, here's what I do in LaTeX:
>
> \addcontentsline{toc}{section}{Blah blah lah lah}
>
> and voila it shows up in the TOC.

For the record, displaying a table of contents, or fancy page headers
(eg. showing the title of the current chapter) is possible with
LilyPond. See for instance:

  L'art de toucher le clavecin, François Couperin
  <http://nicolas.sceaux.free.fr/index.php/2006/05/07/4>

which uses the latest features of LilyPond 2.11.28. The global layout is
not as refined as when using LaTeX, but having to rely on LilyPond only
for producing a book is quite practical.

nicolas