Re: beginning-of-measure padding value?

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: beginning-of-measure padding value?
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 08:15:48 -0400

Han-Wen (et al.): Thanks for 2.11.28!

Joe: Thanks for the spacing fixes, which have appeared in 2.11.28 -- things look *so* much better now (in particular, I've been testing initial accidentals and arpeggios), and I've been able to extract my (incredibly numerous) tweaks!

Final (?) note/tip on this: if anyone else finds Lilypond's default beginning-of-measure spacing too small in general (i.e., even without "modifiers" like accidentals and arpeggios), you can add a little more space using:

\override BarLine #'space-alist #'next-note = #'(semi-fixed- space . 1.8)

Of course, adjust the numeric value as you see fit.

Hope this helps!
Kieren.

p.s. On a side-note, can anyone explain to me the difference between "first-note" and "next-note" in the BarLine space-alist?