Re: Beams across barlines and line breaking

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: Beams across barlines and line breaking
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 08:48:22 -0500

On 7/26/07, Siska Ádám <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

after upgrading to 2.11, the beams going accross barlines block the
engine from making line breaks. The problem is that I have a polyphonic
place in the score I'm engraving where there are 9 bars one after the
other that have barline-crossing beams in some of the voices, and 9 bars
are much longer than a single line in an arbitrary paper. If I try to
introduce manual line breaks with the \break command, I only get the
following warning:

    warning: forced break was overridden by some other event, should you
be using bar checks?

And the line still doesn't get broken. How can I force the lines to
break? Is this maybe a bug?

Hi Adam,

Same answer as for glissandi ...

 \override Beam #'breakable = ##t

... somewhere in the score will fix this.

In general, any grob subcribing to the breakable (?) interface in the
2.11 program reference will need #'breakable = ##t to break across
lines.

(The 2.11 program reference appears to be down at the moment; when
it's up you can see examples of this in, for example, the entry for
the Beam and Glissando grobs.)

If you have Tuplets crossing barlines or line breaks, do the same
thing there, too.

--
Trevor Bača
address@hidden