Re: ooolilypond user

From: Martial
Subject: Re: ooolilypond user
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 00:13:04 +0200

just write this
---cut---------
 <<
   \new ChordNames {
             \set chordChanges = ##t
             \chordmode {  a2 c2  }
     }

  \new Voice = "one" { \autoBeamOff
    \relative c' { \clef treble  \key c \major  \time 4/4  a b c d }
    }

  \new Lyrics \lyricsto "one" \lyricmode { Aaa Bee Cee Dee    }

----cut-------------------

OooLilyPond seems to be EXACTLY what I was looking for to write a book on jazz improvisation. I use Window XP and I can get it to insert simple scores in OpenOffice.org such as: \key c \minor \relative c'' { c16 es, d es c es d es c' es, d es c es d es } which is the test given in the sourceforge webpage. However, other scores that are created in LilyPond without problems, such as this one given in the LilyPond tutorial:
     \version "2.10.10"
     melody = \relative c' {
        \clef treble
        \key c \major
        \time 4/4
a b c d
     }
text = \lyricmode {
        Aaa Bee Cee Dee
     }
harmonies = \chordmode {
        a2 c2
     }
\score {
        <<
           \new ChordNames {
              \set chordChanges = ##t
              \harmonies
           }
        \new Voice = "one" {
           \autoBeamOff
           \melody
        }
        \new Lyrics \lyricsto "one" \text

        \layout { }
        \midi { }
     }

get quite a lot of "syntax error"s and "unknown escaped string"s and "unexpected string"s. Does OooLilyPond have a shorter scope than LilyPond? I've tried running both "lilypond.exe" and "lilipon-window.exe" as the executable on "config", with the same results. Thank you!