Re: BRICK WALL

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: BRICK WALL
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 10:37:52 +0200

2007/7/16, Mischa Falkenburg <address@hidden>:

OK Valentin, I tried it (first) totally as you wrote...this did NOT
generate a .pdf file for me(or anyone else) to see :-( .

You must have forgotten some brace when copying/pasting.

But, using some of what you've shown me...but keeping my { }'s & [ ]'s
;-) , I plugged my code so it was like this:

the point is: braces delimit LilyPond's expressions, for example
\repeat only affects one expression:

\repeat unfold 3 {a b c d} ===> a b c d a b c d a b c d

whereas

\repeat unfold 3 {a b} {c d} ===> a b a b a b c d

Just to clear-up any confusion, the IDEA behind this piece is that each
phrase/Voice is repeated UNTIL the "next" vertical chord would be
identical to the first vertical chord. In other words, the last "chord"
for this piece is the same as the first...g b d r c g. Pretty cerebral, eh?

I love repetitive music too. But as you can see with the attached
file, you might want to adjust your \repeat numbers, because for now
the voices don't end together...

Besides, maybe you'd better put them in a StaffGroup rather than a
GrandStaff; see the .ly file

Valentin