Re: minimal distance between \markup-s

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: minimal distance between \markup-s
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 19:49:37 -0400

Hi Bertalan,

I have lot of \markup-s outside of scores in a book. I'd like to keep them at a minimal distance, because lilypond tends to move them too close to each other. Is there a way to achieve this?

Would "spacer" lines be sufficient? e.g.

\version "2.11.27"
fl = \markup { \fill-line { "" } }
\score { c'' }
\markup { "Here's one markup." }
\markup { "Here's a second markup (default space)." }
\score { c'' }
\markup { "Here's one markup." } \fl
\markup { "Here's a second markup, with larger-than-default space." } \fl \fl
\markup { "Here's a third markup, after an even larger space." }

Cheers,
Kieren.