Re: LilyPond Odd Jobs (mostly docs)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: LilyPond Odd Jobs (mostly docs)
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 19:12:30 -0700

Valentin Villenave wrote:
2007/7/13, Graham Percival <address@hidden>:

Lilypond Odd Jobs
-----------------

I forgot to mention that anybody interested in the docs should look at the unstable 2.11 docs. There are a number of doc improvements that haven't been merged with the 2.10 docs (for good reasons), so make sure you look at the 2.11 docs.

- create example for automatic accidental examples that demonstrates
everything

OK, I'll take this one.

In case anything needs clarifying: we're talking about 9.1.1. I'd like to have a single piece of music (two or three bars, possibly with multiple staffs if necessary, etc). That example will be rendered with every accidental style, and that same example should look different for each accidental style (ie construct the example such that there will always be differences between any two rendered versions).

- avoid future tense
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2006-01/msg00076.html

[OMG... I think I've used it many times in the French translation... :-( ]

This is a suggestion for writing technical manuals in English; it might not make sense in French. Don't worry about whatever you've written already in the French translation.

Cheers,
- Graham