Re: obtaining longer ties

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: obtaining longer ties
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 19:01:49 +0200

It's much easier to provide a relevant answer if you include
some example code. Which octave do you have your notes?
Which LilyPond version? I tried to guess what you had in mind, but cannot notice any difference between the two ties in the following
example:
\version "2.10.0"

\relative c''{f8 ~ f g ~ g }
\layout{ragged-right = ##t }

(actually, I happened to have the development version 2.11.26 installed, so I haven't tried with any stable 2.10.x version).

  /Mats

Quoting Ron Cytron <address@hidden>:

In treble clef, and for eighth notes, my f-f ties look great, but the g-g ties
are too short.  Lilypond seems to want to keep them in the space below g. How
can I make the ties more like the f-f tie -- deeper, with the ends attached to
the bottom of the notes?  Thanks!