Re: Varying Staff.VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Varying Staff.VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 15:13:22 +0200

Quoting Vivian Barty-Taylor <address@hidden>:

I'm using version 2.9.11

I've got a score which has text instructions to the players at a couple of places and I need to introduce more space between staves at these points to fit the text in. I got this working in a smaller file where I was only formatting the necessary staves.

I dont' really understand the problem. How to you typeset the text instructions? As long as you let LilyPond insert the text as well
(using text scripts or whatever), it should automatically allocate
more space between the staves.

Actually, inserting a text script that takes some extra space is a good way in general to increase the spacing between two staves, for example using something like c^\markup{\pad-to-box #'(0 . 0) #'(0 . 10) \line{Some text} } or if you just want the space, not any text:
c^\markup{\pad-markup #10 \null }

  /Mats