Re: Can't get soprano lyric above staff

From: Holly Briscoe
Subject: Re: Can't get soprano lyric above staff
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 19:34:30 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

[I'm not sure how to reply in the thread, since there's no "reply link" in the
thread itself--at least the way I'm looking at it, which is simply by using
Mozilla Firefox and the page's web address. So this continuation of the thread
may not be attached properly--my apologies. I couldn't find a howto for the
list anywhere that explained responding to a thread. -HB]

ARVID replied:
>>          \context Lyrics = women \lyricsto sopranoMusic \sopranoWords
>
>Here's your problem: You need to say:
>
>         \context Lyrics = sopranoWords \lyricsto sopranoMusic \sopranoWords
>
>...to place the lyrics in the correct context.  When you tell them to use
>the "women" context, they will.  :-)

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! I thought the first item after the equals
sign was the name of the STAFF that the lyrics were supposed to be attached to.
Thank you so much!

On the extender problem you have below, I noticed the same thing as I have been
working on various pieces the last few weeks. Sometimes I get ahead inputting
the singers' notes, and sometimes I type all the lyrics in first. If I have
more notes than lyrics,  then the extenders go from the last note and continue
underneath the vocal rests until the first sung note, when the extender stops.
Beats me.