Latest version in Ubuntu

From: John Wiedenhoeft
Subject: Latest version in Ubuntu
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 23:35:03 +0100

Hi all,

I finally switched to Ubuntu Linux (best OS ever!), and I would like to
use the latest Lilypond version there. I know it is provided at
http://ftp.ubuntulinux.org/ubuntu/pool/universe/l/lilypond/, but
synaptic doesn't recognise the 2.6.3-9 version (I have 2.2.6-2 now).
Since it works perfectly for all the other packages I think this might
be a Lilypond issue (some package bug probably?).

I know I could download it manually, but I really would like to use
synaptic's update capabilities in the future.

Are there any experiences regarding this topic?

Sincerly,
John