Chord inversions---I'm confused! (version 1.4.6)

From: Alan Robert Clark
Subject: Chord inversions---I'm confused! (version 1.4.6)
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 17:14:21 +0200 (SAST)

Hi All

I am typesetting a bunch of chord inversion exercises, and getting wierd
results. The simplest test case is supplied below.

(We're just looking at Triads here, looking at g ( < g b d > ) g/d works
fine = < d g b >, but g/b does not.)

Additional Q: why do my chordnames come out at the bottom, even though I
specifgy them first in the \simulataneous block?

Many Thanks, and all the best for 2004!!!

Alan

--
Alan Robert Clark, Pr Eng     Computational Electromagnetics
Associate Professor                 Wits University

\include "a4.ly"
\include "paper26.ly"
\include "english.ly"

\header {
  title = "Chord Inversion Exercises"
  tagline = "Typeset by Alan Robert Clark (address@hidden)  using GNU LilyPond
\LilyPondVersion."
}

accompaniment = \chords {
  g4 g/b  g/d
}

\score {
  {
    \context PianoStaff
      \time 4/4
      \simultaneous{
        \context ChordNames {
          \property ChordNames.ChordName \override #'style = #'jazz
            \accompaniment
        }
        \context Staff = "up" {
          \notes \transpose c'' {\key g \major \accompaniment}
        }
        \context Staff = "down"{
          \clef bass
          \notes {\key g \major \accompaniment}
  \paper { \translator { \EasyNotation } }