Re: xdvi watch

From: Ferenc Wagner
Subject: Re: xdvi watch
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 04:56:39 +0100

donald_j_axel <address@hidden> writes:

> I placed a copy of lilypond-profile in
> /etc/profile.d/lilypond-profile but as I run lilypond in a
> chroot'ed gentoo-partition it was not sourced. When sourcing it
> manually the xdvi can run a lot of font-things, but the picture
> is not much better, noteheads being triangular.

This topic has a vast literature which I don't know.  You
must have a proper kpathsea installation and whatnot, search
the archives for more info.  For me it just worked.

> I will try it but need to know more about why I should click. Are
> you referring to a feature combining xdvi and emacs, so that if I
> want to change something I can click on the note and emacs will go
> to the corresponding position in the source-file?

Exactly.

> Clicking is not a major concern, though. I would much prefer
> help on how to skew noteheads from the vertical axis in pianomusic
> with complicated inner voicings.

In chords, ie. between < > noteheads should be put on
opposite sides of the stem in such a case.  Otherwise you
can use \voiceOne ... Four for different stem directions and
horizontal offsets.  See 'Polyphony' in the manual.  If
these are not enough, you can still \set extra-offset to
your liking, see 'Constructing a tweak' and 'Tuning objects'.

> Can I attach the source (and a .ps) file?

Source is OK, ps is generally too big.  You can attach a
small .png or provide a download link.

Feri.