Re: stem lengths

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: stem lengths
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 17:31:46 +0100

If you look at the section on Stems in the reference manual, you
will find a link to
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.0/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond-internals/Stem.html
which lists all properties that can be set on a stem.
Among them, there's a property called beamed-lengths that can be used.
The first value in the list corresponds to eighth notes, the next to
sixteens notes and so on, so increasing the first value from 3.26 should
help. Try something like:

    \time 6/8
    \property Voice.Stem \override #'beamed-lengths = #'(5.26 3.26 1.5)
    af8 \clef treble c' ef
    \property Voice.Stem \revert #'beamed-lengths
    af ef c

  /Mats

Stan Sanderson wrote:
Lilypond 2.0.1

I've reached my limits.

In the following fragment, a clef change occurs after the first note (I'm transcribing an old piece and trying to keep the original stiyle). I've tried everything I know of to lengthen the stems so that the beam clears the treble clef sign. I'd imagine there is a simple answer, but I haven't found it (at least in an understandable form) in the documentation.

I'd be grateful for suggestions.

Stan

\version "2.0.1"
\include "english.ly"
\include "paper16.ly"

RH = \notes
    \relative c'' {
    \key ef\major
    \time 6/8
    c4 d8 f ef c
    }
LH = \notes
    \relative c {
    \key ef\major
    \time 6/8
    af8 \clef treble c' ef af ef c
    }
\score {
    \context PianoStaff <<
        \context Staff = "up" <<
        \clef treble
            \context Voice = VoiceI \RH

        \context Staff = "down" <<
        \clef bass
            \context Voice = VoiceI \LH

\paper {
        \translator { \RemoveEmptyStaffContext }
        raggedright = ##t

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems