adjusting measure width and/or minimum measure width

From: Kieren Richard MacMillan
Subject: adjusting measure width and/or minimum measure width
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 13:22:28 -0500

[ Mac OS X 10.2.8;  Lilypond 2.0.1 ]

Hello, all:

Inspired by Mats's "use Lilypond's extra-offset" suggestion, I am hoping to do as many manual adjustments in the .ly file as possible, and am wondering where the limits are...

One question that comes to mind immediately is whether I can force a measure to be of a certain width -- or at least a minimum width -- and have Lilypond proportionally adjust all the other measures in that system.

Thanks,
Kieren.