Re: More syllables in one verse?

From: c10221
Subject: Re: More syllables in one verse?
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 11:53:28 +0100

Quoting Joseph Zitt <address@hidden>:

> In a song I'm notating, one verse has a few more syllables in one line,
> so notes are added for them in what would otherwise be a rest area. Is
> there a way to notate this so that both the normal and the altered
> melodies appear within the same staff without too much confusion?

try something like this:

\notes \relative c'' {
  % SNIP
  % NOTES BELOW ORIGINAL NOTE
  << { c1 } \\ { \tiny s4 b a b } >>
  % OR FOR NOTES HIGHER THAN ORIGINAL NOTE
  << { \tiny s4 d e d } \\ { c1 } >>
  % SNIP
}

try the two snippets, and read the section in the manual on polyphony
{Lilypond|Notation Manual|Polyphony}.

hth, regards,
simon.

This mail sent through Brainity: http://brainity.com