Re: font weirdness

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: font weirdness
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 19:23:45 +0100

Quoting David Bobroff <address@hidden>:

> I've got a couple of weird things happening.
>
> First: I'm faking a tempo marking using the model given in the docs.  This
> part, however:
>
>     \translator{
>       \ScoreContext
>       TextScript \override #'font-shape = #'upright
>     }
>

> makes the text following the note appear in a courier/typewriter font which
> looks ugly to me.  So I changed "upright" to "roman" and I got all these
> warnings:

The only alternative to 'upright' is 'italic'!
> The other thing is:
>
> I wanted to put in "Tempo Iº" and I got this warning:
>
> warning: can't find ascii character: 186
>
> Character 186 is the little circle.  This, too, came out fine in the
> output.  Once again, I can't complain, but it *is* weird.
>
> [Lilypond 1.6.5 under Cygwin]

It just means that Lilypond isn't smart enough to understand the
size of the character. However, as you have noted, the generated
TeX code outputs the correct symbol anyway.

> I also need to move both of the above marking up as they collide with some
> music elements.  Padding?

Exactly! TextScript \override #'padding = #3 or something similar
should do the trick

  /Mats