Re: PS failure with 1.6.6

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: PS failure with 1.6.6
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 09:41:32 +0100

Werner LEMBERG wrote:

I have mixed feelings with the other solution, namely to copy
music-drawing-routines.ps into the dvips subdirectory tree.  Perhaps
someone else can decide this.
It's policy not to do this by default. This solution is not possible
for those who are not root and cannot or do not want to modify
texmf.cnf

Well, I meant the user-writable dvips subdirectory tree.

   Werner

Don't forget that the installation directory .../share/lilypond/1.x.x/ already is a texmf tree with a dvips/ directory for the lilypond.map file. This is the
place to put also the music-drawing-routines.ps file.
Werner, when you looked at the texmf.cnf files in the different distributions,
was $TEXMF/dvips/ always included in TEXPSHEADERS? In that case,
I find it obvious to install the file in the dvips/ directory instead of tex/.

  /Mats