Re: music font

From: Maurizio Tomasi
Subject: Re: music font
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 10:22:16 +0200 (MET DST)

I think I got the solution!  The NEWS file shipped with Guile 1.5.6 says:

** Backward incompatible change: eval EXP ENVIRONMENT-SPECIFIER

`eval' is now R5RS, that is it takes two arguments.
The second argument is an environment specifier, i.e. either

  (scheme-report-environment 5)
  (null-environment 5)
  (interaction-environment)

or

  any module.

So, my guile 1.4.1 supports only the one-argument-syntax for `eval'.
On the computer I am using here there is Guile 1.5.6, and there is no
problem evaluating the same expression

(eval '(* 7 3) (current-module))

which gives problems with guile 1.4.x

So, I think the scm/tex.scm file was written for Guile 1.5.x, not for
Guile 1.4.x (although the INSTALL.txt file shipped with Lilypond says 1.4
is good).  I am at work now, but this evening I will try to install the
1.5.6 version on my home computer, and I will see what happen.  I suggest
you to do the same.

Bye
Maurizio