Re: CYGCRYPTO

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: CYGCRYPTO
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 08:59:59 +0100

"Martin O" <address@hidden> writes:

> Please help,
>
> I have been trying to use GNU LilyPond on my Windows 95 PC with no
>success. I have tried installing the Windows version from the
>Internet and also downloading the entire version and then installing
>locally but equally with no success. This is what happens:

Ok.  You installed the latest version from

    http://lilypond.org/gnu-windows

right?

> A required .DLL file, CYGCRYPTO.DLL, was not found.
> What is it that I am doing wrong,

It looks like some versioning bug.  LilyPond is built using
cygwin-1.3.6, but the latest version is already cygwin-1.3.9.
See:

Could you try what happens if you install the crypt package from

    http://cygwin.com

Did you install packages from http://cygwin.com too, or did you before?

[Jérémie]
> Also,  the  configure  script doesn't seem to detect python,
> that  has  been  replaced by a single executable in the /bin
> directory (and not the /usr/bin as indicated in all scripts)

Strange, both python's that we distribute have python where it
belongs, in /usr/bin

   08:50:11 address@hidden:~/g/contrib/python$ grep install.*python-
   ../../setup.ini
   install: contrib/python/python-2.2-1.tar.bz2 3991217
   install: contrib/python/python-2.1.1-2.tar.bz2 3517480
   08:50:23 address@hidden:~/g/contrib/python$ tar tjf python-2.2-1.tar.bz2
   |grep python.exe
   usr/bin/python.exe
   08:50:35 address@hidden:~/g/contrib/python$ tar tjf
   python-2.1.1-2.tar.bz2 | grep python.exe
   usr/bin/python.exe

Could you check what versions are installed of cygwin and python?

Jan.